Egg donation is a wide-spread medical program of the reproductive medicine. There are a lot of medical reasons due to which women may need donor cells. These are lack of ovaries, absence of uterus, menopause and as a result lack of eggs, premature ovarian failure syndrome, abnormal oocytes’ development, lack of eggs or poor quality of oocytes because of chemotherapy and radiation treatment in case of cancer diseases, repeated receiving of poor quality eggs, several unsuccessful IVF attempts with own oocytes, no ovarian response to ovulation stimulation, serious hereditary diseases and others.
Egg donation procedure step by step:
- 1st consultation during which doctor examines medical history and conducts tests;
- donor selection according to all needs of the infertile couple (our base includes more than 300 donors);
- medical examination of the chosen donor before the program starting;
- procedure of egg donor’s stimulation (hormonal medicines are used for the better growth and development of several eggs);
- follicular puncturing, which is conducted under short-term general anesthesia through the vagina under control of transvaginal ultrasound and without any cuts (in order to receive needed eggs to fertilize them in vitro).
Every day dozens of women who want to become egg donors come to the BioTexCom center. Our specialists choose candidates carefully. Potential donors go through the numerous medical examinations and have a talk with a psychologist. Only 2 – 3 of 10 ladies who wish to become a donor enter the program. Our donors are attractive, healthy women with higher education, and they will be worthy to become donors of biological material for you.
Couple receives the following information about the donor, eggs of whom will be used in the program: nationality, height, weight, eye and hair color, education, family and children, blood group and Rh factor. According to the Ukrainian law on ART use, egg donors cannot take upon themselves parental responsibilities with the respect to the future child. Parties sign an agreement, which defines all the rights and obligations of the contract sides.
Medical examination of the potential donor includes:
- examination by therapeutic and his report on the health condition;
- consultation of psychiatrist;
- consultation of geneticist;
- blood test for RW, HIV, НвsAg, hepatitis C;
- blood type and Rh factor test;
- complete blood analysis;
- blood chemistry test;
- cytogenetic screening;
- urine analysis;
- smears on flora;
- cytological examination of smears from cervix;
- pelvic examination;
- ultrasound examination of pelvic organs;
- examination of cervical canal’s materials (chlamydia, mycoplasma, ureaplasma, gonorrhea, HSV, CMV.