For many parents-to-be, reading is an important part of nesting. This sentiment rings even louder for many Intended Parents considering Gestational Surrogacy as the answer to creating the family of their dreams.If you are looking to add some of the most helpful and informational books on Gestational Surrogacy to your personal library, begin by checking out a few of these recommended titles:
– The Kangaroo Pouch: A Story About Surrogacy for Young Children. This book is a wonderful option for Intended Parents with older children ages 2-8. The Kangaroo Pouch serves as an excellent conversation starter and explains the surrogacy journey from start to finish in ways children can comprehend. This book is also available in eBook format.
– A Surrogacy Book for Young Children: Grown in Another Garden. Another story great for the 2 – 8-year-old age group, Grown in Another Garden is a children’s story geared towards explaining surrogacy to children born from a Gestational Surrogate.
– Surrogacy Was the Way: Twenty Intended Mothers Tell Their Stories. Surrogacy Was the Way chronicles the journey of twenty Intended Mothers, all pursuing surrogacy from different backgrounds and different reasons but with the same common goal. This book provides candid insight for Intended Parents considering beginning their own Surrogacy journey.
– Successful Surrogacy: An Intended Parents’ Guide to a Rewarding Relationship with Their Surrogate Mother. Although a quick read, Successful Surrogacy is chock-full of invaluable information for loved ones and friends as well as vital conversation starters for your partner as well as your Surrogate throughout each stage of your Surrogacy journey. This book is also available for e-readers.
– Planning Parenthood: Strategies for Success in Fertility Assistance, Adoption, and Surrogacy.
A great mix of scientific information and stories from real-life Intended Parents, Planning Parenthood provides in-depth discussions about the various options available for those wishing to have a family of their own when traditional pregnancy is not a possibility.
– Labor of Love: Gestational Surrogacy and the Work of Making Babies (Families in Focus). Labor of Love takes a well-rounded approach to discussing Gestational Surrogacy covering all aspects from new advancements and higher general acceptance of reproductive technologies to interviewing family members of both Surrogates and Intended families alike. This book is available in both traditional and electronic formats.
– Bringing in Finn: An Extraordinary Surrogacy Story. This memoir chronicles one woman’s journey to motherhood with her own biological mother ultimately becoming her Surrogate. Available in electronic, hardcover and paperback formats, Bringing in Finn is a fantastic read for anyone who has overcome hurdles in their own journey or simply desires a greater understanding of Surrogacy.
– From Heartache to Healed: Our Journey Through Infertility and Surrogacy. A personal account of one couple’s struggle with infertility and journey through Surrogacy, From Heartache to Healed is newly published memoir available in electronic format.
– Pathways to Parenthood: The Ultimate Guide to Surrogacy. Pathways to Parenthood is a handy how-to guide for all aspects and versions of Surrogacy. From the initial decision to embark upon your surrogacy journey through your baby’s delivery, Pathways breaks everything into easy to understand terms so you will know whatever decision you make in your journey will be the right one for you.
– IVF A Detailed Guide: Everything I Wish I Had Known Before Starting My Fertility Treatments. This book is a comprehensive breakdown of everything you should be aware of and consider before beginning IVF treatments as well as what you can expect during the process. IVF A Detailed Guide is available in both traditional and electronic formats.
– IVF: A Patient’s Guide. IVF: A Patient’s Guide is the perfect book for anyone undergoing or considering fertility treatment. Including charts, case studies, photos and graphs, this little book is a great way to help you reduce stress and boost your likelihood of success.
While educating yourself through your own reading and research is a great way to become more knowledgeable and comfortable on the topic of Surrogacy, the best way to make sure you get your questions answered is to partner with a trusted, experienced, and caring surrogacy agency or clinic. BioTexCom prides itself on the relationships it builds with its clients, Surrogates and Intended Parents alike. To learn more about how they can help you navigate your Surrogacy journey, contact BioTexCom today!